Let’s face it, none of us are getting the amount of fresh air and sunshine we need to maintain optimal vitamin d levels….
Sun In A Bottle is just that, the vital benefits of the sun in a bottle that’s easy to take every day and free of any negative effects. Vitamin D3 plus K2 provides a daily dose of vitamin D3 and K2 in an easy-to-use capsule form. Unlike most supplements that only deliver D3 on its own, we combine these two powerful vitamins for optimal effect. It is important to supplement with vitamin K2 when supplementing with vitamin D because Vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and calcium must all work together to maintain strong, healthy bones. Vitamin D3 maintains healthy levels of calcium in the blood and increases calcium absorption from the digestive tract and research now shows that vitamin K2 works in sync with vitamin D3 to keep calcium IN the bones and out of soft tissues like the heart, joints, and kidneys. This is why previously there were negative risks associated with vitamin D toxicity via large doses. Vitamin K is the solution and allows you to dose to reach optimal levels of health.
Vitamin D3/K2 helps support:
- Immune system function*
- Bone growth and density*
- The health of many tissues in the body, including prostate, colon, and breast *
- Cardiovascular health
- Blood sugar balance*
- Healthy mood, mental clarity and productivity*
Why use Sun In A Bottle Vitamin D3 + K2?
Vitamin D is a critical nutrient for optimal health. It plays many crucial roles, including balancing mood, keeping bones healthy, and regulating immune function — and over half the population is vitamin D-deficient.
Know your vitamin D level!
Vitamin D can be easily and accurately measured in the blood. Ask for a 25-Hydroxyvitamin D test next time you are due for blood work. The minimum level is 25-35, but for optimal health, we recommend a level of 50 to 100. Some vitamin D gurus who have spent years researching and studying have written amazing books about acquiring the optimal levels of vitamin D. Read “The Optimal Dose” to learn more about why standard testing and levels are so misleading and dangerous.
How can I get enough Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is best obtained through time spent outside in the sun, as our bodies can naturally create vitamin D from sun exposure. However, at most latitudes, and with most of our time spent indoors, plus the effects of environmental pollution on the availability of UVB light, it can be nearly impossible to obtain enough vitamin D from the sun alone. Supplementation of vitamin D is often beneficial.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Supports bone health: When calcium levels are low, Vitamin D stimulates calcium absorption and reduces calcium excretion, thereby encouraging the maintenance of healthy bones. We now know that vitamin K2 works synergistically with vitamin D3 to keep calcium in bones and out of soft tissues like the heart, joints, and kidneys.
- Supports brain function and nervous system: Adequate Vitamin D is important for brain health and studies have shown positive associations between adequate serum vitamin D levels and cognitive performance.
- Supports the immune system: Vitamin D may help protect the lungs from infection due to the stimulation of proteins in white blood cells and the respiratory tract. A healthy vitamin D level keeps us from getting sick, lowers our risk of developing autoimmune conditions, and is thought to help prevent certain cancers.
- It can help with weight and fat loss: Vitamin D insufficiency is associated with obesity and vitamin D supplementation has been shown to assist in weight loss.
- Improves athletic performance: Studies have shown that vitamin D supplementation can help increase aerobic capacity (endurance), muscle growth, strength, and power production.
You need the ACTIVE Form of Vitamin D
It’s super important to use the correct type of vitamin D. Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) is found in some plant foods and is completely inactive in our bodies. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is produced in the skin under the effects of ultraviolet radiation (sunlight) – this is the active form that our body utilizes in order to carry out many important metabolic processes and this is what our formula contains.
Our formula also includes BIOPERINE, a Patented Black Pepper Fruit Extract that increases calcium absorption. This extract combines with Vitamin D3 for quick, full absorption, promoting healthy teeth and bones. Weight management is also easier with Vitamin D3’s appetite suppressant properties, ensuring less stress on your joints and heart.
Benefits of Vitamin K2
Vitamin K2 supports bone health, helps protects against cardiovascular disease, and helps protect the skin, brain, and prostate. Vitamin K2 is included in our Vitamin D3/K2 formula because we now understand that it works in delicate synergy with vitamin D.
- Supports bone health: Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin necessary for the production of proteins required for bone metabolism. It also helps transport calcium throughout the body and works in synergy with vitamin D to maintain optimal bone density.
- A Japanese study found superior bone health among women who frequently consumed natto – the richest dietary form of MK-7 vitamin K2 – compared to those who do not consume natto.
- Supports heart health and blood sugar balance: Vitamin K2 plays an important role in cardiovascular health and healthy blood sugar balance. Research has shown that adequate vitamin K2 levels are associated with optimal cardiovascular health markers. Vitamin K has also shown to support blood sugar metabolism.
- Immune modulation: New research suggests vitamin K plays an important role in balancing the immune system. In the Framingham Offspring Study, one of the longest performed studies on generational health, higher blood levels of vitamins D and K were linked with stronger immune function and a balanced inflammatory response.
MK-7: The Most Beneficial Form of Vitamin K
Vitamin K occurs in 3 main forms: K1 (phylloquinone), derived primarily from green leafy vegetables, K2 (menaquinone) which comes from bacteria, and K3 (menadione), a synthetic version that is not recommended. Numerous studies have shown that vitamin K2 is the most bioavailable and bioactive form.
Additionally, there are two forms of vitamin K2 commonly used in supplements: MK-4 and MK-7.
Why is it best to use the MK-7 version of vitamin K2?
Studies have demonstrated that the menaquinone-7 (MK-7) version of vitamin K2 is the most bioavailable form of vitamin K2, requiring a much lower dose to provide benefits than less bioavailable forms like MK-4. This is in part due to the fact that MK-4 has a biological half-life of about one hour, compared with a half-life of about 72 hours for MK-7. MK-7, therefore, stays in the blood longer, allowing blood levels to build over time with consistent supplementation.
Who might benefit from taking Vitamin D3/K2?
- Anyone who needs support for bone growth and density
- Anyone looking to support their immune system
- Those who do not get enough sun exposure
- Anyone who may not eat many vitamin-D foods sources, like duck eggs, sardines, mackerel, and beef liver
- Those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet
- Athletes and physically active individuals
- Those struggling with chronic fatigue, weight gain, and pain.
How to take Sun In A Bottle Vitamin D3 + K2
Take 1 capsule of Vitamin D3/K2 per day, or as directed by your healthcare provider. It can be taken directly on an empty stomach but is best with food.
Optimal vitamin D3 supplementation dosage depends on the individual and is best determined by your physician based on blood results. Common dosing for vitamin D3 is 1000 iu daily (1 drop of Liquid Vitamin D3/K2), but if a person is very deficient, we may recommend 5000 iu daily or higher. Consult your physician before supplementing with vitamin D.
Interesting findings about vitamin D:
- Vitamin D sufficiency is more important for bone health than high calcium intake. If Vitamin D status is sufficient, calcium intake levels of more than 800 mg/day may be unnecessary.
- Vitamin D3 supplementation during the winter may reduce the incidence of the flu.
- High circulating levels of vitamin D are associated with a lower risk of multiple sclerosis. 25-OH Vitamin D between 90-100 nmol/L was considered optimal in this study.
- Vitamin D from diet or sun may lower breast cancer risk. Overall, participating in any outdoor work at any point in life resulted in a 40% reduction in breast cancer risk. Women with 25 OH Vitamin D levels less than 50 ng/ml were six times more likely to develop breast cancer than those with levels greater than 50.
- Vitamin D was found to be protective against melanoma relapse.
- Vitamin D supplementation in infancy has a strong protective effect against the autoimmune disease Type 1 Diabetes.
- Oral Vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of hip and nonvertebral fractures in elderly patients.
Other ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose (capsule).
Does not contain: milk, dairy, egg, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, wheat, and gluten
Rely on Daily Benefit’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from us. If you are not completely satisfied with an item you’ve purchased, you may return the item within 14 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping and handling*. The item must be returned, unused or used, in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible). Zenifi reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements.