CBD interacts with the body via the endocannabinoid system, or ECS. The ECS is a biological system found in all mammals, and is involved in managing a wide variety of biological processes, including memory, sleep, immune response, and more. It mainly consists of two types of cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2). These receptors are built to interact with endocannabinoids (cannabinoids naturally produced by the brain). The effects of CBD are similar in humans, dogs, cats, and other pets. This is because, just like humans, dogs and cats also have an endocannabinoid system that functions much in the same way as the human ECS.
Studies have shown that CBD can temporarily stop the absorption of anandamide, a chemical that helps dampen pain signals in the brain. This temporary increase in anandamide can have various effects, one of them being reduced pain sensations. CBD has also been shown to be a powerful anti inflammatory (we’ll explore this in more detail below). By reducing the inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis, for example, CBD is also able to reduce the painful symptoms caused by this condition as well as many other ailments our animals can obtain.
Here Are Some Reasons Why You May Want To Get A Bottle For Your Pet!
- Perhaps one of the best-known medicinal uses for CBD in pets is its ability to help controls seizures, tremors, tics, and spasms.That’s because CBD is a natural anticonvulsant.
- CBD’s anti inflammatory effects are believed to be linked to its ability to interact with receptors in immune cells. CBD interacts with CB2 receptors, which are generally located inside immune cells. By activating these receptors, CBD is able to evoke a wide variety of immune responses. One of these responses is to fight inflammation. Conditions like arthritis, MS, GI Tract Issues, and many others, are characterized by chronic inflammation.
- Much like humans, pets can also suffer from anxiety, stress or even specific phobias. And while the exact source of anxiety may differ in pets, it can cause stress and specific physical reactions just like in humans. Some common forms of anxiety affecting dogs include separation anxiety, noise anxiety, travel anxiety, and even specific phobias. CBD has been shown to help reduce feelings of anxiety and thereby reduce these symptoms.
- There is a strong body of evidence that shows that CBD is a successful antiemetic, controlling both nausea and vomiting while also stimulating appetite. Interestingly, it seems to do so by stimulating 5-HT1A receptors, the same receptor which can help reduce anxiety. By activating this receptor, CBD can significantly reduce feelings of nausea and also suppress the subsequent vomiting reflex. Research also suggests that prolonged stimulation of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor in the brain can also help reduce nausea and vomiting.
- Cancer and malicious tumors are common in pets and, in many cases, prove to be fatal. However, new research shows that cannabinoids like CBD can have unique anticancer effects, too. In fact, a growing body of research is beginning to explore just how cannabinoids can help slow the growth and spread of cancer and even reduce the size of tumors.
- By stimulating the endocannabinoid system, cannabinoids like CBD can help promote homeostasis in the body. This is why many pet owners choose to use CBD not only as a medicine to treat a specific illness, but also as a regular supplement to promote the overall health and wellbeing of their pet!
It is also important to ALWAYS check the ingredients and be sure you’re using all natural, non-toxic, chemical and additive free CBD Oil for your beloved fur-babies. Zen In A Bottle is composed of only coconut oil and pure full spectrum CBD oil insuring that your pet is safe and healthy!